Monday, June 10, 2013

How to Personalize a Painted Rock Car

You can personalize a painted car rock with:
  • Paint color
  • Details of headlights, rear lights, rims, etc.
  • License plate
  • Passengers

Here's how I personalized a painted rock car for a Father's Day gift. (I already had a car-shaped rock on hand.)

First I gathered photos of the actual car model I wanted to paint on the rock which helped me choose the correct paint color and other identifying details.



I did not try to paint the car front exactly. Instead I chose a few simple details from my photo.



I referred to my photos to paint the rims.



I further personalized the auto with the rear lights and license plate. You can get very personal with the license plate by using names, vanity plate phrase, etc.



I took the personalization even further by adding a family of passengers on one side of the car. I just Mod Podged photo printouts onto the painted rock. (The tricky part was making sure the photos were the right size for the car.)



Ideas
  • Paint a school bus full of classmates
  • Paint a truck and add a photo for the driver
  • Paint a train full of passengers

These personalized, painted rock cars are a great gift idea not only for Father's Day but for any boy (or girl) who loves vehicles. It's also a unique, one-of-a-kind permanent "frame" for favorite photos.

*     *     *

My first painted rock car was a lot more fun than I expected because of the personalized details.


© Cindy Thomas Painted Rocks

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous ideas. Love the photo and license plate ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. This was a fun rock painting project.

      Delete